Electronic Signature Engine (ESE)
Web-service for electronic signing
Authentication and verification of the contents of paper-based documents is very challenging:
- signatures can be forged,
- unauthorised pages can be inserted into large signed documents,
- hand-written documents may contain illegible handwriting etc.,
- sending documents physically for signatures by different counter-parties involves cost & time.
Paper based records pose several challenges and suffer from several inherent problems:
- the need for physical storage space,
- high environmental costs,
- high costs & inconvenience of transportation,
- possibility of counterfeiting,
- prone to damage due to heat, dust, water and other factors.
Electronic Signature Engine (ESE - pronounced 'easy') is a blockchain web-service for quick, secure & private electronic signing.
The actual document to be signed or verified does not need to be transmitted. Only the hash needs to be transmitted for signature generation & verification. ESE also connects to the Global Repository for Esignatures And Timestamps (GREAT) for instant document verification and proof-of-existence.
ESE can be used to:
- Electronically sign documents without revealing actual content.
- Demonstrate data ownership without revealing actual data.
- Document time stamping.
- Prove ownership.
- Check for document integrity.